Sunday, September 11, 2011

We like the things that summer brings...

Summer is drawing to a close, and even though I am welcoming the cooler temps and all that comes with fall, I'm a little sad to see it go.  So, here goes my attempt to sum up our summer in one post.  Please excuse the excessive overshare of pictures :)


I loved watching Emma soaking up every ray of sunshine she could, splashing in the water until fingers and toes were wrinkled like prunes, and shrieking happily while running through (away from?) the sprinkler.
We ate our share of juicy watermelon- is there anything better than the smell of freshly cut watermelon?...


sketched a few masterpieces with sidewalk chalk...


danced with Meme on her porch...

enjoyed the feel of the green grass...
soaked in the pool some more...

ran barefoot through the grass at sunset....




made (and devoured) fresh peach and raspberry cobbler...



visited with Great-Granny...

celebrated De-De's birthday...


and the fourth of July...
saw our very first movie at the theater- Winnie the Pooh...

snuggled with Pop-Pop...
made homemade ice cream...
and let our imaginations run wild!

(apparently this is what I look like when I take her picture)

Emma:  "Do you want to see my chocolate face?"

Yea for summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment