Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our joyful girl

Welcome to our blog!  This is something I've been working on for a while now, and I think it is going to be a lot of fun now that I kind of have things set up.  It is still a work in process, but the basics are there.  I will mostly be writing about Emma and all the fun things she is doing these days, but I'll probably be throwing out some recipes and other things at times.  Now about Emma...

Emma has been such a joy in our life. It has been so fun to see life through her eyes these last 18 months. She, of course, like any other toddler gets tired and fussy and I've learned that she has quite a temper. But, for the most part she is such a happy, joyful child. She has the most contagious, sweet smile.

 
I love hearing the excitement in her voice when she discovers something new, or when she sees one of her favorite animals (which is ALL animals).  We took a day trip to see Jared's mother the other day, and on the way we saw lots of cows grazing in the pastures.  Emma was so excited to see the cows and kept saying "moo! moo!".  It cracks me up.  She refers to cows as "moo", ducks as "quack quack" (actually it sounds more like "crack crack"), and horses are "neigh neighs".  Other animals, though, see will call by name- dog, kitty, and pig for example.


It's those little things that are so fun to watch her get excited about.  Yesterday was a beautiful day and we went outside to blow some bubbles.  She loved it and said "bab, bab" (bubbles) in a high pitched squeal over and over, chasing the bubbles all over the yard.



Times like this make me stop and think about what a blessing she is from God.  What an amazing gift God has given us, to display his love for us and let us see life again through the eyes of a child.  I think life goes by so quickly sometimes that we forget how incredible God's creation is.  Emma reminds me of that.  Whether it is just a blade of newly green grass or the sweet sound of a bird singing. 


Lord, I long to experience life like a child, to find joy in the little things.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! You have a beautiful family and are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Katie said : ) Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!!! So glad you are joining the blogging world. It is so much fun. I love your last comment. I wrote that exact same thing in my prayer journal yesterday. I want to find joy in my everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Welcome to blog world! I look forward to seeing LOTS of Emma and to your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog! It is great to be able to keep up with everyone and their little ones. She is a doll by the way!

    ReplyDelete