Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby Dedication

Last Sunday we had a little baby dedication service at church for the boys.  We were so honored to have our family and some of our oldest friends join us for this special occasion.  We laid hands on the boys and prayed for their lives...for their protection, their future spouses, and most of all that they would know and love Jesus, and that He would be glorified through their lives.

It was nice to pause and remember how vital my prayers for my children are.  I love the book, "The Power of A Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian.  It is a must read and great resource for every parent.  We can't handle the responsibility of raising these children alone- or in other words, I don't want to rely on my own wisdom and strength, because I will fail miserably.  I need supernatural power from God to help me through my days, grace when I mess up (which is SO often), and faith to know that He is sovereign and faithful.  These children are His, and I am so thankful that he has entrusted them to our love and care.

Sadly, this is the only picture we got of the day.  Thank goodness for Jared's iPhone!   

No comments:

Post a Comment