Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter 2010

"Easter is not an elders' meeting; it's an end-zone dance.  The curse is over, death is conquered, dawn is here.  The words joy and Easter may not sound the same in English, but they are synonyms in the heart of God." -from Story by Steven James
I think that is a wonderful description of Easter- an end-zone dance.  It is a celebration, a joyful day.  Our church held several services over the weekend, so we went to one of the Saturday evening services.  It was an incredible time with God.  Jesus is alive, and we are free!  I can't wait to teach my children the true meaning of Easter.
Sunday afternoon we headed up to Gardendale to see Jared's family.  Emma "hunted" Easter eggs again.  Here is Emma with Uncle Gary and Cousin Jennifer.

Chilling with Cousin Jordan
When we got back to Birmingham we went over to my parents' house to have dinner with them and my sister and her boyfriend.  My dad made some massive steak kabobs, and my mom made her yummy creamed potatoes and a Greek salad.  It was all delicious!  Melissa made homemade ice cream for dessert- caramelized banana with homemade hot fudge sauce!  A-mazing.

Our little hunter and gatherer.  She played with eggs all weekend long.
I dyed some real eggs for Emma to play with while we were over at their house.  I didn't think about how heavy they would be!  I made a dozen and when it was full she could barely carry the basket!
Look at all those eggs!


1 comment:

  1. Emma is so cute. Your photos are awesome! I need to get some pointers on how you make them look so good!

    ReplyDelete