Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Double Blessing!

I have been waiting so long to write this post!  A couple of months ago Jared and I found out that I am pregnant!
Yes, that is TWO babies in there!!!  We found out at my first doctor's appointment when I was about 6 1/2 weeks along (I am currently 13 1/2 weeks), and we were thrilled and very surprised!  I never thought I would have twins...I didn't think twins ran in my family at all (we found out later that my great-grandmother had a set of twins).  But I remember wanting to have twins so badly when I was a little girl and then finding out that there weren't any twins in our family.  So I just always assumed that it would never happen to me.

But God has an awesome way of revealing his plans for us.  He has definitely blessed us more than we asked or imagined.  And not because we deserve any bit of it, we certainly don't.  But what an amazing gift he has given to show us his love and grace.  Many of you know that I had a miscarriage last fall.  It was really hard to lose that baby, but God was teaching so much through it.  I had to accept that there are some things that happen in this life that we will never understand.  But God does, and we have to trust that he loves us, knows what is best, and that he is working for the good of those who love him.  At the end I had to come to the conclusion that He is still God, he never changes and I will praise him through this storm.  Not to say that it isn't still hard, and I still struggle with it sometimes.  But he gave me his incredible peace that "transcends all understanding" and I know that he was right there with me through it all.

Here is "Baby A" on the left, and "Baby B" on the right!  All of these ultrasound pics were taken at 11 1/2 weeks.

 
This pregnancy has had its complications too.  There have been several times when I spotted, we found out my progesterone (the hormone that sustains the pregnancy) levels were extremely low and I had to start taking progesterone to bump up my levels, and we have been in and out of the doctor's office for bloodwork and ultrasounds.  God is teaching me so much about faith, fear and spiritual warfare.  These babies are his children and I know that he loves them more than I can fathom and that he has great plans for their lives.  Instead of worrying, I have to release them into his Almighty hands every day and trust that he is protecting them.  It is a daily, moment by moment surrender.  He is also revealing his promises in his word to me and teaching me to believe and claim those promises.  "Whatever you things you ask in prayer, believing, you will recieve" (Matthew 21:22).  That is a promise from Jesus and I ask God daily to increase my faith to believe for all these things I pray for concerning these precious children.  I want to have unwavering faith in God that can move mountains.

There are so many other amazing things that God is showing me through this, but I think I will have to break it up some so this isn't too long!  We are so thankful to God for these babies and our prayer is that they would bring glory to his name. 


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!! Congrats you guys!! Praying for a continued healthy pregnancy and 2 healthy babies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats!!!!! I will be praying for you and your growing family! Let me know if you need anything. Where is your doctor at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute! Glad to get to experience twins vicariously through you...hehe!! Glad all is well with mama and babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! We are so excited for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!!! I am a twin (I have a fraternal sister). We are BEST friends now and loved growing up together. I wish you the best!!! Can I share the news with the SS class?

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praises that everything is going perfectly and you're able to shout the good news! Looking forward to praying with you on this journey and meeting your two precious angels when they arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. I love your attitude and your excitement! I think I would just be out-right terrified. I think you are the perfect parents to handle twins though! I can't wait to meet them! Do you know if they're identical or fraternal yet? Will find out the genders? Congrats to the three of you! (That is, you, Jared, and Emma!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Amanda! If you have any questions about twins, let me know. I am no expert, that's for sure but if you need to talk to someone who has been there, I'm here for you! Send me an email if you have any questions. I know I had a million questions and found it hard not having anyone to talk to about it. Would love to help if I can!
    laura.densford@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete