Wednesday, May 5, 2010

More details and a Gender Poll

Thank you all for the sweet comments and prayers!  We appreciate them so, so much.  We had a doctor's appointment today and everything is going great!  We heard the two heartbeats again, loud and clear this time.  There are not many things sweeter than the sound of a tiny baby's heartbeat.  It is so reassuring to hear, and it puts a big smile on my face every time we hear them.  I quickly realized after posting my last entry that there were so many details I forgot to include.  A lot of these are things that I'll probably forgot, so I want to write them down so I'll remember later on.  Here is some more info on the little miracles:
  • Our "due date" (a full 40 weeks) is October 31. Yes, that would be halloween.  However, twins are considered to be full term at 36 weeks, so they will most likely arrive much earlier.  Hopefully we can make it to 36 weeks, though.  I would love for them to stay in there as long as possible as long as they are thriving and doing well (well, I say that now... but ask me in a few months and my answer may have changed :).
  • There is a good chance that I will have a c-section, but I am hoping that they will both be in the perfect position to deliver vaginally.  However, I am trying to really prepare myself mentally for a c-section since it is very likely with twins.  It will be fine either way.  I've just heard the recovery from a c-section is really hard.  All that really matters is that they are born healthy.
  • The babies are fraternal, or non-identical, twins.  Which means my body released 2 eggs that were both fertilized and implanted in the uterus at the same time.  I think that is pretty amazing.  So we could have a girl and boy, or two of the same.
  • We are definitely finding out the genders of these two precious babies!  With twins we will have a lot of planning (and purchasing) to do, so I can't wait to find out!  Honestly if we were only having one we would still find out what we are having.  I just can't wait!  No, I'm sure I could, but I'm impatient :)
  • We will (hopefully, if they are in the right position) find out the genders of Baby A and Baby B in exactly 4 weeks from today- June 2.  I'll be 18 weeks.  I'm going to put up a gender poll to let everyone take their guesses as to what we are having.  I think it will be fun to see :)
  • I have been craving tomatoes.  Tomatoes.  Oh my goodness, I went through about 5 of those cartons of Campari tomatoes in a week (when they were on sale at Publix, because normally they are expensive!).  Oh, and that was by myself.  Anyone growing tomatoes this summer?  Wanna share? :)
  • Nausea was not too bad in my first trimester.  I felt a little sick, but it was nothing like it was when I was pregnant with Emma.  I was throwing up every day with Emma.  I find it strange because they say that usually your symptoms are exaggerated with multiples.  I have been very tired, though.
  • I'm definitely showing already.  I'm 14 weeks and I think I look like 18 or 20 weeks already.  Whew, I'm going to be huge!!
  • We've been telling Emma that there are babies in mommy's tummy.  So she points to my belly button and says "babies".  She also points to her belly and says "babies".  So funny!
Here are a couple of random pictures of Emma swinging at the park.  I love this sweet girl so much!
  

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Amanda! This is so much fun! So glad your appointment went well. I know what Jeff said, but I'm thinking maybe it's two boys since you haven't been too sick. Hmmmm. We will have to have a party when y'all find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma is precious! She is going to be a great big sister to twins. So glad you haven't been too sick. I remember how bad it was with Emma. Tomatoes?? That is weird. Can't wait to find out what they are. I am thinking boy and girl!

    ReplyDelete