Sunday, August 15, 2010

29 Weeks!

Today I am 29 weeks and still pregnant!  Yea!!!  It is such a relief to have made it one more week here.

It seems like things are starting to get better!  The fluid I have been leaking has been very bright red for the last 2 weeks.  My doctor told me that the bleeding probably meant that I was having some cervical changes.  In other words- dilating and getting ready for labor.  Plus it has been a LOT of fluid leaking out.  Well, over the last 3 days the fluid has turned from red to pink, and there has been significantly less leaking!  And the contractions have been much less frequent and less intense.  Amazing!  All glory and honor goes to God for that!  He has his hand in these babies' lives.  Thank you for all your prayers!  I know he is hearing and answering them!

Now for a bit of randomness.  I thought I would give you a peek at my hospital room!  Nothing very exciting, since it is a hospital room :)  But we had some sweet friends come visit about a week ago and decorate the room- with Dr. Seuss decorations, no less!  I decided  about a month ago to give the boys' nursery a fun, whimsical Dr. Seuss-inspired theme.  Nothing is done in the nursery, but I did get the bedding delivered right before I was admitted to the hospital.  Luckily I've been able to order everything else online from here.  Plus it really is not a big deal if the nursery is not done by the time they come home.  Anyways, our friends put some Dr. Seuss characters on the wall, and made a poster that has the babies' ultrasound picture and a sweet poem in the middle of it, with plenty of room for visitors to write little notes to us or the babies.  How thoughtful is that?!  They also put some characters on our room door (Thing 1 and Thing 2, of course!).  I added a calendar to the wall the other day so that I could put a big "X" through every day that the babies have stayed inside.  It is the highlight of my day!

My goofy husband is the one who wrote the huge "I love you", and then scribbled his name :)  I love him so much!
       

1 comment:

  1. Glad you did the calendar! Love it! Praise God for the good news about the fluid, wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete